Frequently Asked Questions
Will I Bruise?
Bruising after facial filler injections can happen, especially under the eyes and lower face. You can help minimize the chance of bruising by avoiding NSAIDS ( Aspirin, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, Ibuprofen) as well as other blood thinning medications and fish oils for at least 10 days prior to any treatment. Apply ice and warm compresses after the injections can also help. Arnica Montana may be taken pre and post treatment.
Will I Have Swelling?
You may have swelling after an injectable treatment. This may last for 1 to 3 days. Icing the area for 36 hours post procedure will greatly improve the appearance of the swelling. Arnica Montana may be taken pre and post treatment.
What Can I Do to Prepare for Treatment?
- Get educated as to what dermal fillers are available. We will consult with you as to which filler will address your specific concerns.
- Prior to your visit, stop all aspirin/vitamins/fish oils at least 10 days before your appointment. Let us know about any blood thinning medication you may be taking. Please feel free to call the office with any questions concerning medication you may be taking.
How Do I Plan Injectable Treatments?
- Filler appointments should be scheduled at least 1 month prior to an important occasion. This will allow time for healing. In addition, you want the beautiful results of your treatment to shine through on that important day.
- Schedule a consultation to discuss which laser or light-based treatment would be appropriate.
- No tanning (not even self-tanner), if you are scheduled for a photofacial or vein reduction treatment. This will avoid post-procedure complications, including but not limited to pigmentation issues.
- Your skin should be free of perfumes, lotions, creams or oils when you arrive for your treatment.
- Post-procedure care instructions will be provided.
Will My Treatment Hurt?
Injectable and Laser treatments are tolerated well by most patients. A numbing agent will be used where applicable to provide additional comfort.